the lunch visits at the royal saltworks
Spend a day combining history and gastronomy.
Lunch at the Saltworks means stepping into the atmosphere of the 18th century for a moment of perfect harmony between food and wine grown on the local Jura region soil. . Make the most of your guided tour of the Royal Saltworks; an official tour-guide presents the 11 buildings that were the living and work locations of the Saltworks employees, gives an explanation of the « The History of Salt » exhibit, and then introduces the life and work of Ledoux. After the meal, we recommend that you take the time to discover the 14 gardens of the Saltworks with all their splendour of colours, plants, and smells.
This price includes the admission fee for the museum, the guided tour “Discovery of the Saltworks” (Duration 1 hour), for up to 50 persons, a visit of the Garden festival at your own pace (from June to October), access to the temporary exhibits, the meal, drinks (wine, soda water, tap water), and coffee.
Not included are the pre- and after dinner drinks at 5,50 € per person and additional wine.
– Coaches can easily park near the entrance to the Saltworks
– Free for the coach driver (admission fees, guided tour and lunch)
– Meal on the premises of a unique historical monument listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site
– The possibility to interact with qualified and experienced official tour guides
– Tours that are adapted to the group in question, in French, English or German
– The driver can stay on the site and only return to the coach when the group leaves at the end of the day
– Vegetarian or special meals available upon request
– Food allergies can be taken into account upon request.
PACKAGE DEALS FOR SCHOOL GROUPS
The Royal Saltworks site organises a daylong programme for schools. Students can visit the Salins-les-Bains Royal Saltworks in the morning and the Arc-et-Senans Royal Saltworks in the afternoon. The official tour guides explain the links between the two locations, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
> Price : 11,50 € per pupil (maximum 50 pupils)
In order to ensure everybody’s comfort and the quality of the tour, we recommend booking a guide for each class group. One accompanying adult free for every 10 pupils.
It is possible for the group to organise a pick-nick on site
Contact et reservations
+33 (0)3 81 54 45 45