Take part in the development of an ambitious project for a unique place included on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
THE PLACE OF POSSIBILITIES
The Saline royale of Arc-et-Senans was included on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1982. It is the masterpiece of Claude Nicolas Ledoux (1736-1806), a visionary architect of the Age of Enlightenment. It is also a rare example in the history of industrial architecture.
The architectural part of the Saline royale, its history and its rehabilitation make it a world-unique monument, accessible to everyone today.
Make the Saline royale a meeting place for the regional public thanks to a variety of cultural and artistic proposals.
Make the Saline royale a place of resources for project leaders from Burgundy and Franche-Comté through its collections, its equipment and its skills (events, gardens, European projects, UNESCO).
Make the Saline royale an essential venue for heritage in Europe:
- with the wealth of its cultural proposals (architecture, 18th century, industrial history, gardens)
- with its place of residence at the heart of a heritage site
- with the reputation of its artists in residence
The assets of the Saline royale
- An exceptional historic monument, the first example of industrial architecture in the world to be distinguished by UNESCO.
- The “Centre culturel de rencontre” [Cultural meeting centre] label awarded by the French Ministry for Culture.
- The know-how of a team of 64 employees
- 130,000 visitors per year, 6,000 congress attendees and 4,000 hotel customers
- A residence dedicated to supporting artistic creation and scientific research.
- Easy to reach from Paris, Lyon, Dijon, Lausanne, Geneva
- A network of high-level international cultural and educational partners